You’ll find great deals for your 4th of July menu, but…
Be sure to stock up on huge holidays sales on:
- Condiments – mustard, mayo, ketchup, BBQ sauce, salad dressing, with a shelf life of up to a year or more.
- Sodas and beverages – Best prices until Labor Day are now. So stock up for all your summer BBQs, day trips and outings.
- Grilling meat – Some of the best prices of meat for the grill are right now for 4th of July. Fill your freezer!
- Paper goods – Paper plates, napkins, paper towels, plastic cups, aluminum foil, almost anything and everything at great prices for picnics and more BBQs!
Save even more:
- Pass on the big 4th of July display, at least for now. Some of those are indeed the best deals, but look in the aisles and in the sales circular. Other brands are on sale too, and may cost even less.
- Cash in on instant rebates. Some grocery sales come with manufacturers’ incentives if you mix and match various items. Buy the right quantities and you could get more money off at the register, which could mean you just picked up a few extra groceries for “free”.
- Look for store coupons to download to your club card or cut from the circular. The deals are there!
My 4th of July menu made from the deals of the season also happens to be very EASY:
- Burgers on the grill – Nothing like a burger, especially when ground beef is more than half off. Plus, there’s sales on buns and all the trimmings.
- Potato Salad – A “do-ahead”! I love making my Killer Potato Salad the night before. The flavors come together, and it gets one more thing crossed off my list.
- BBQ Cole Slaw – Another “do-ahead”, because it’s even better when it sits in the fridge overnight. Cabbage is cheap, and my Best BBQ Cole Slaw recipe is easy and delicious!
- Corn on the Grill – 4th of July is peak season for the best corn, and it’s only about 20-25 cents an ear at most supermarkets nationwide. This is how to pick out the best corn, but don’t open it! Here’s how to make Perfect Grilled Corn on the Cob.
- American Flag Cake – My sister’s great contribution to our patriotic BBQs couldn’t be better! Her recipe made it to SugarLoco.com. So you think you only want one piece??? NOT! Hahaha!
Have a Happy 4th of July!